Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Re-Cap Carnival



I always enjoy looking back at the end of each year and reflecting on God's goodness to us throughout the year. His goodness in the up's and the down's. So when I saw this blog carnival idea, I knew I wanted to participate.

The idea of the carnival is to take the first sentence or two of the first post of each month. If my posts on the first were some sort of review- I skipped it and went to the next one that was more personal. Click on the month if you want to read the entire post.


JANUARY~


As a new year is upon us, I have been taking the time to look back and reflect on 2009. I am thankful for the ability to blog as it is much like a diary for me. We have so much to thank God for! I love remembering what He has done for us as I look back on some of my favorite moments from this past year.

FEBRUARY~

"In everything give thanks for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:18

69. a tender hearted husband
70. an ear ache gone
71. overcast days
72. seeing spiritual growth in our children
73. Bryans job
74. the joy of eternity

MARCH~

We enjoyed watching the Olympics this year, as always. Here's a glimpse into our time last month with the Olympics…..

APRIL~
Camden has been learning about Personification and he's been having fun personifying the letters of the alphabet.

MAY~

What a beautiful song! In the 1970s, 2 million citizens of Cambodia were brutally killed by the Khmer Rouge. In 2009, Leeland and Brandon Heath spent a week in Cambodia with Food For the Hungry (www.fh.org). Through Christian love, God continues to bring healing to this nation in amazing ways.


JUNE~


We just wanted to share the two newest members of our family (sponsorship through Compassion International) with you and ask you to please, please, pray for both of them if you will. They have already touched our hearts deeply!

JULY~

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend celebrating our nations birthday! We are looking forward to visiting the American Village tomorrow for their all day Patriotic Festival and Fireworks show tomorrow night.

Here's a little 4th of July"Blast From the Past" in pictures.....

AUGUST~

We have a favorite stopping grounds every time we take a trip up to Missouri. It's Mammoth Springs State Park in the Ozark Mountains. We always stop to spend some time their on the way up and the way back home. Of course we stopped their again this year.

SEPTEMBER~

We have been learning about Leonardo da Vinci and one of the first books about him that we read was this one. …….

OCTOBER~

Emmy & Annie share a bedroom and at the start of summer they were wanting to re-decorate their room but we really didn't have the money to paint and buy new things for the room. So, as an alternative I gave them colored pencils and markers and told them to go at it.


NOVEMBER~


Columbus Sailed the Ocean Blue in 1492! Every year for Columbus Day we tend to read different books than we did in previous years. This is what we read this year and it was really interesting.


DECEMBER~


It's December! It's December! It's December!

I am a bit excited. Can you tell?

I will be participating in the Holiday Bliss 2010 posts for the month of December over at Garden of Learning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking forward to seeing what new things God brings our way in 2011.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new". 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV)

3 comments:

Catherine said...

It's so nice to have it all to look back on. Time seems to slip away so quickly. Happy New Year. =)

the Mcclanahan 7 said...

What aneat idea, it makes me want to go back and read your old posts.
I really want to see what happened with the markers and colored pencils in Oct.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

It's always fun to look back and see the ups and downs of the year. When I think back, things tend to blur together, but actually looking at the written word/pictures seems to help put things in order.

Happy New Year!