Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Math Facts Now- TOS Review

As part of the TOS Homeschool Crew we were given the opportunity to review a math program called Math Facts Now.



Forget the flashcards! Math Facts Now is a simple yet very effective math drill program on the computer that will give your children a firm grasp on memorizing those basic math facts. It can be downloaded to your computer or purchased on CD-ROM. It is guaranteed to be effective or you get your money back, so you can't loose trying it out. It is geared towards the K-6 age range.

A few things that I love about this program are that I was able to choose what functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) that I wanted each of my children to work on. Within those functions I was able to choose which specific numbers that I wanted my children to be drilled on. So for instance, if one of my children was having a hard time memorizing his/her 9 multiplication facts, I was able to set the program to drill on just the 9's. Parents can also choose how many times the child will need to type out a math fact that they get wrong, the number of correct problems that needs to be completed to finish a lesson, how many seconds a child has to answer each question, and if the child will receive a reward once the lesson is complete. I also wanted to mention that in a very short period of time I began to see an improvement in the memorization of math facts from my children. For that reason alone- I would highly recommend this program to anyone who has a child that needs some extra practice memorizing math facts.

The program was very easy to download to our PC and I was able to choose multiple users for it which is wonderful for families with more than one child. As the parent you also have the ability with the program to keep track of your child's progress by reviewing past performances and progress reports.

You can try out a free trial period for Math Facts Now by going HERE.

Math Facts Now dowload cost 15.95$ or you may purchase the CD-ROM which is 15.95$ plus 3.95$ shipping.

Important: Math Facts Now runs on Windows 2000, ME, XP, Vista and Windows 7. 4.5 Mb of free hard drive space required. Math Facts Now is not available for Macintosh users at this time.

As always if you would like to see what other TOS crew members are saying about Math Facts Now, visit HERE.

Thank you to Math Facts Now for the opportunity to try out and review this program.



Disclaimer: I am an independent contractor for The Old Schoolhouse. We received math download for FREE in exchange for my honest review on this blog. No other compensation was received. All opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments: